Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lenses Not For Sale

I noticed that posting entries for the lenses for sale, the Web pages for the gear sale lists all the lenses in the collection, and only in the PDF file of the lenses do I note which are not at this time for sale as they will continue as part of my much smaller collection. So, here's the list of them.

The first is the W-ROKKOR 21mm f4.5, early 1960's, lens which requires a camera with mirror lockup as the lens extends into the body and interfers with the mirror movement. The lens was made for the older pre-MC cameras and came with a viewfinder which sat over the cold/hot shoe and a viewer through the camera's round eyepiece. I adapted the viewfinder to fit any rectangular viewer with a rubber eyecup. The lens also came with a case.

This lens is a personal because it's an old fashioned point and shoot lens. Since you can't see through the camera, you use the viewfinder but really it's unnessary since you can set the f-stop where everything is in focus from the minimum distance (~4 ft) to infinity. A really cool thing, except you have to guess the exposure, which is just practice.

The second is my original normal lens I bought with my first camera a SRT-101. The lens is a 58mm f1.2 lens. Really one of those. It's a gem to use and no amount of money will prompt me to sell it, yet anyway. I bought the camera and lens in September 1970 for $240. The camera still works but the light meter switch doesn't.

The third is a lens which was only sold in Japan, or so I was informed. It's MC 100 f2 lens. I like everything about it. I forget the details about the design (Planar?), but what I do remember, it wasn't designed as a telephoto lens with similar modern 100/135mm lenses, but from the 1950/60's older lens designs.

The fourth is really a set of 5 MD lenses I used for street photography because they were all small in size and all take a 49mm filter. They are the 28mm f2.8, 35mm f2.8, 45mm f2, 85mm f2, and 135mm f3.5. I also carried a set of filters for different lighting or situations I wanted which, with the common filter size, worked on all the lenses.

These with two XD-11's and extras easily fit in a Domke F-3X bag, the original 1970's series size (later versions are larger) which I used for years and still use occasionally in trips in the Seattle-Tacoma area.

That's the lenses I'm keeping. All the rest, most of cameras and all of the peripheral equipment are for sale, which you can see on the Web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment